Saturday 27 January 2018

Ain't no Party like a Princess Party

When it comes to hosting parties, I will be the first to admit that I tend to steer away from them as I end up running around like a mad woman no matter how much planning and preparation I put into it, today was no different.

Trying to find a day and time where most of your children's friends are free is becoming increasingly difficult and waiting on replies is something all too common when hosting a party, hence I would now with my son at the age of 7, pay for him to have a few friends go out for the day or have them around for a party tea. We now have a daughter Zara, she turned 2 on Monday and with us being away the week before we delayed a little party until today.

As always there are last minute cancellations and hiccups but it had no effect on the day as my daughter and her friends had a wonderful time and the boys, despite it being Princess themed joined in with 'Pass the Parcel'.



Fortunately to alleviate the stress levels the cake and party decorations were taken care of courtesy of www.bakingmad.com

I had always been aware of the Baking Mad website when looking for recipes previously and come across some pretty amazing creations but always believed them to be beyond my ability and that is the beauty of this kit. Everything you need is in one little box (albeit fresh ingredients) so there is no need to panic about not having enough ingredients.


The Party Cake Kits from Baking Mad contain high quality ingredients to ensure that you bake a delicious cake and the recipe and instruction booklet is very easy to follow.

Beautifully packaged the ingredients were  contained in tissue paper within a high quality box  that was hand tied with ribbon.

Contained within my Princess Party Kit was the following;

Allison Self Raising Flour (1kg)
Silver Spoon Icing Sugar (500g)
Billington's Unrefined Golden Caster Sugar (500g)
Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract (60ml)
Pink Cake Decorating Sugar Paste (1kg)
Edible Silver Pearls (25g)
Tiara Cake Topper
Tiara Cupcake Toppers (pack of 10)
Silver Foil Cupcake Cases (pack of 45)
Cake Board
Recipe and Instruction Booklet

The kits normally retail for £44.99 but there is currently 25% off making them £33.74.

I am by no means a good baker but often enjoy baking with my son and he loves getting involved.

The kit however does not include the baking tins, 3 are required to bake this cake, I only had two so found myself baking in two batches.

I would love to see an 'Additional items required' section on the website before purchase to ensure that you have everything to hand as it's a 20cm tin that you need to replicate this recipe and to enable you to buy them before the actual package arrives so you can literally start baking from the moment it is delivered.


To make the pattern on the cake we used a lid from a spice jar, it was actually difficult to source the correct shape to do and would like to see this included in the kit.


The party was enjoyed by the parents and children alike and they were very complimentary about the cake in both the appearance and taste test. The cake was perfect for slicing and great for adding into the party bags.

Admittedly it may look like a huge layout for a cake but the convenience of having all your party essentials at the click of a button, even if you just need to bake a cake for an event is a great idea and so very convenient.

Certainly the way forward for mum's who need ingredients in one place and quick!

I was sent the Princess Party Cake Kit from Baking Mad to review. My opinions are however my own.

1 comment:

  1. This cake looks great, we were sent a pirate one but I think I will try this one next x

    ReplyDelete