Tuesday 22 December 2015

As good as homemade

When I received my coupons from the Tesco Orchard programme to review their range of Beautifully Balanced Frozen foods, I decided to opt to try the frozen soup. I enjoy soup from the chilled section so was interested to see how the frozen version matched up.

The pack contains two servings and could be cooked in the microwave or on the hob. I used the hob method which was as simple as heating any soup.

The instructions on the packet advised me to empty in half for 1 serving. The soup itself looked like rather large chunks and I wondered if I needed to add anything to it but it was just a simple case of pouring into the pan and heating gently until defrosted and hot.

As the soup began to defrost whole peas could be seen along with thin strips of ham. The soup took just over 5 minutes to be cooked properly but smelt really good.

The portion was enough for lunch and the peas added additional texture along with the ham. The flavour matched that of other chilled soups I had tried, the soup was the perfect thickness for me not too thick and not too watery just right.

What I like about the frozen soup is that it can be stored in the freezer and doesn't need to be defrosted beforehand and it tastes like a freshly made soup.

I would go so far as to have this to serve up to dinner guests as the flavour was not compromised in any way and looked delicious.
My only complaint was the lack of ham in the soup, there were only a few small amounts in the serving that I made and I would have liked a little more in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment